Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dr. Martin MacNeill's Trial

This case was so strange for so many reasons! Every time I thought I had heard it all, something new would come out with a bang!

For those that don't know the case, Dr. Martin MacNeill was accused of killing his wife after she had a face lift and the motive was his apparent mistress Jillian/Gypsy Willis. His wife Michele, had been found dead in her bathtub by her then 6 year old daughter Ava.

That on its own was horrific and I believe that like Jayson Young planned for his sister in law sent her to find her pregnant sister dead, Martin set it up so that 6 year old Ava would be the one to find her mommy dead in the bathtub.

What a lot of people didn't make a big deal of during the trial was that Gypsy wasn't the only one that Martin had an affair with #1, and #2 Michele KNEW about  Gypsy and confronted Martin about her.  That is why I believe she got killed. Doesn't matter how, the motive is a big part of it. Most cases you hear of, the spouse doesn't know about the other woman etc. She probably asked for a divorce during that confrontation so that's why he pushed for the face lift surgery etc.            

 More after the jump about touchier parts of the story

He is diabolical and the jail needs to be careful who is on watch over him because I'm betting he will get some of them on his side to try and do stuff to the daughters, etc. I don't think he's done.  I hope the bunkies find out about his fondness of sexually abusing his daughters.

I had no idea that the one daughter had mental issues until after the first court appearance.  I didn't attribute that to why she was having issues testifying. I felt really bad for her. Finding out that Ava was actually the daughter of one of the older daughters and that Michele and Martin had adopted her (their biological granddaughter) was interesting.

I was wondering if the bio mom would be testifying and if we would find out her story as to how that came about and we did. She apparently was a drug addict when she had her but sounds like she is finally getting on her feet.  I wonder if Ava knows that who she thinks mom and dad are are really grandma and grandpa and that her real mom is still around.

I felt really sad for the adopted girls being dumped elsewhere.  They never really felt like they belonged anywhere until this family and then this happened. so sad! I hope they could find a way to make a strong family bond after all of this.

All in all I'm glad for the result of the verdict.  I hope that all the kids left get lots of help with counseling etc. I am glad they didn't mess up Ava anymore by bringing her in to testify.  She may be 12 now but I think she's been traumatized enough.

What did you guys think of this case?  Did you watch it at all?  You can over on  WildAboutTrial.

No comments:

Post a Comment