Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Jason Young Trial

I feel I need to do this as a blog post so I can just post it all at once and can paste the url to it on my twitter and facebook for people asking my thoughts as it winds down.

When I first heard about the murder and Meredith finding her after Jason asked her to go get those papers I, like many people, immediately felt he did it and how sick and twisted that was to make her sister find her.

After sitting through 2 weeks in court and 2 at my tv watching all the evidence, reactions, etc. I know this won't be liked by some people, but, as an outside observer knowing everything, waaaaay too much reasonable doubt. I can see why the last deadlock happened.

I left the courthouse today with my opinion completely changed from 11/06. There's no physical evidence connecting him. no blood anywhere, no marks, no dog prints in blood.

I believe the postal worker's observations.

This incident happened within 5 miles of another case where they zero'd in on the husband and ignored anything that didn't fit their idea of what happened. That verdict was guilty to a husband that is innocent.

Let me tell those of you that don't live in this area, the Cary Police, wake county sheriffs, and SBI are all under investigation for how they collect evidence etc. It is these same groups that have made it so Michael Peterson is able to be out on bail and get a new trial. they actually did a wide sweep of firings due to it.

Now, I'm not saying Jason isn't an inconsiderate and adultering asshole. But that doesn't equal murder. It also doesn't mean he couldn't have hired someone else to do it which I could go with given the observations of the Postal Worker. There has been talk of a suspicious white working van before in one of the other cases.

Anyone consider the 2 in the smaller type suv (which I thought in my mind like a toyota rav 4 or something) at the edge of the driveway might be a scorned fling and husband or male friend? It's an avenue never traveled. Not saying it was just throwing out other possibilities.

Bottom line is this. It was a horrible incident to a wonderful woman and her unborn son. I think that due to the inept LE in this area we will never know what really happened. While Jason was an ass of a man to her, it doesn't make him a murderer. I feel for the Fisher family and Michelle's friends etc. but based on the evidence or lack there of, he didn't do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment